February 28, 2005
— Ace AoSHQ contributor Dianna has penned an essay about Churchill's dishonest studies in non-history over at PirateBallerina. I'm particularly happy to hear he's a serial plagiarist:
.... LaVelle demonstrates for the reader the number of scholars whose work is distorted in Churchills work Patricia Nelson Limerick, Russell Thornton, Janet A. McDonnell and George M. Frederickson, to name only a few and lays out for side by side comparison a passage written by Churchill and one by Rebecca L. Robbins..... This is clear evidence of plagiarism, particularly since the passage in Churchill is not in quotes, and there is, furthermore, no citation of Robbins.
Go get 'im, Dianna!
Top Ten Quotations from Ward Churchill's "Original Writings"
10. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -- Ward Churchill p. 13 of From a Native Son
9. "Are we not men? We are Devo." -- Ward Churchill, p. 44 of Since Predator Came
8. "" It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose!" -- Ward Churchill, p. 31, Indians Are Us?
7. "That bitch set me up!" -- Ward Churchill, footnote 23 of Sketches of My Plainsmen Ancestors
6. "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for these meddling kids." -- Ward Churchill, citing Columbus' "secret diary," p. 122, Deconstructing the Columbus Myth
5. "And then we're going to Idaho! And then we're going to Wisconsin! And then we're going to Washington! Yeeeaaaaaiiiigghhh! -- Ward Churchill, p. 44, Struggle for the Land
4. "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy it hurts..." -- Ward Churchill, p. 94, The Arapahoe and Chocktaw Tribes: A Comparative Ethnography
3. "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, and I'm wanted (want-ed...!) dead or alive..." -- Ward Churchill, p. 88, The European Exterminators
2. "Jules, y'know, honey... this isn't real. You know what it is? It's St. Elmo's Fire. Electric flashes of light that appear in dark skies out of nowhere. Sailors would guide entire journeys by it, but the joke was on them... there was no fire. There wasn't even a St. Elmo. They made it up. They made it up because they thought they needed it to keep them going when times got tough, just like you're making up all of this. We're all going through this. It's our time at the edge." -- Ward Churchill, p. 72 of A Little Matter of Genocide
...and the Number One Quotation From Ward Chuchill's "Original Writings"...
1. "And when I move, I slice like a fuckin' hammer. That's just. The Fuckin'. Way. It is." -- Ward Churchill, introduction to Noam Chomsky's Corporate Media Deceptions: Don't Make a Fuckin' Maniac Out of Me
Posted by: See-dub at February 28, 2005 11:48 PM (PUZhO)
Ward Cleaver Churcill, Native Son, pg 21
Posted by: rcl at March 01, 2005 12:15 AM (XvSfi)
NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF THE BOARD OF REGENTS AS OF JANUARY 12, 2005
2001-2007 1995-2001 At Large R
Dr. Peter Steinhauer (D.D.S.) 7492 Spring Drive Boulder, CO 80303 303-499-1278 (fax 303-543-2351) e-mail Peter.Steinhauer@colorado.edu
2003-2009 District 2 D
Ms. Cindy Carlisle 411 Spruce Street Boulder, CO 80302 303-444-2606 (fax 303-444-0057) e-mail Regent.Carlisle@colorado.edu
2003-2009 District 7 R Ms.
Patricia Hayes 12575 East Bates Circle Aurora, CO 80014 303-369-0054 (fax 303-740-8409) e-mail Regent.Hayes@colorado.edu
2005-2011 District 1 D
Mr. Michael Carrigan 555 Seventeenth Street, Suite 3200 Denver, CO 80202 (303)-295-8314 (fax 303-975-5489) e-mail Carrigan@colorado.edu
1999-2005 District 4 R
Mr. Tom Lucero P.O. Box 921 Johnstown, CO 80534 970-978-1142 (fax 970-587-0920) e-mail Tommyjclay@aol.com * Please send communications as an attachment to his email when possible
2005-2011 At Large R
Mr. Steve Bosley P.O. Box 270509 Louisville, CO 80027 303-604-2313 (fax 303-604-2313) e-mail Regent.Bosley@colorado.edu
2001-2007 1995-2001 District 5 R
Mr. Jerry G. Rutledge , Chair 2745 Springmede Court Colorado Springs, CO 80906-3716 719-527-8868 (fax 719-632-7694) e-mail Jerryrutledge@adelphia.net
Posted by: 72VIRGINS at March 01, 2005 03:54 AM (dhRpo)
Posted by: 72VIRGINS at March 01, 2005 04:05 AM (dhRpo)
I will fight no more forever.
Posted by: Ward "the Beaver" Churchill at March 01, 2005 04:36 AM (gDQHo)
Let's all send them our views and help them make up their minds!
Posted by: 72VIRGINS at March 01, 2005 04:40 AM (dhRpo)
THREE CHEERS FOR ACE!!!
Posted by: firewardchurchill at March 01, 2005 04:46 AM (dhRpo)
Posted by: lauraw at March 01, 2005 04:55 AM (YWZ64)
Posted by: utron at March 01, 2005 05:00 AM (CgIkY)
Posted by: Sobek at March 01, 2005 05:24 AM (XwlU1)
Posted by: Ward "the Beaver" Churchill at March 01, 2005 05:38 AM (gDQHo)
Posted by: tachyonshuggy at March 01, 2005 06:10 AM (/Vw/7)
Posted by: 72WIVES at March 01, 2005 06:48 AM (dhRpo)
With his lack of intellectual insight, I wonder how he ever got through his first year of school.
Oh, yeah. He didn't. He just says he did. Maybe.
Posted by: Carlos at March 01, 2005 07:15 AM (oNVm9)
Posted by: gail at March 01, 2005 07:29 AM (UonYC)
Posted by: gail at March 01, 2005 07:35 AM (UonYC)
I must remind you of what I wrote in "Sole on Ice: Preserving Your Catch When the Freezer Breaks"
We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old.
By the way, have you heard of the great new free spyware detector?
Posted by: Ward "the Beaver" Churchill at March 01, 2005 07:45 AM (gDQHo)
Nobody puts Baby Indians in a Corner!!-- Ward Churchill-- page 27 of On Why Indians Do the Dirty Rain Dance
Posted by: Birkel at March 01, 2005 07:45 AM (RSvYF)
No, what ward said was ""You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......It was you, Charley." Ward Churchill, The Iceman Cometh to Rapeth and Pillageth (1985)
Posted by: hobgoblin at March 01, 2005 07:51 AM (2da3S)
Posted by: hobgoblin at March 01, 2005 07:53 AM (2da3S)
Ward Churchill, p. 47, A Young Brave's Guide to the Universe
Posted by: Dogstar at March 01, 2005 08:10 AM (eKga2)
Posted by: Pat Curley at March 01, 2005 08:11 AM (CxBVU)
Great top ten.
Posted by: Dianna at March 01, 2005 08:26 AM (qrFCz)
Posted by: lauraw at March 01, 2005 08:27 AM (YWZ64)
Posted by: Um Yeah at March 01, 2005 08:41 AM (+VNlz)
Posted by: pinky at March 01, 2005 08:44 AM (02Kyh)
We would not presume to arrogate to ourselves those duties that are exclusively the prerogative of his students and admirers.
Posted by: gail at March 01, 2005 08:59 AM (5FNjN)
Posted by: zetetic at March 01, 2005 09:10 AM (brJb6)
Nice erudite put-down.
Posted by: ace at March 01, 2005 09:10 AM (/E3cY)
Liked yours too.
But I'm a pushover for "arrogate."
Posted by: ace at March 01, 2005 09:10 AM (/E3cY)
Ward Churchill, p. 86, Fear and Loathing in Kickawannapo
Posted by: Dogstar at March 01, 2005 09:34 AM (eKga2)
Posted by: 72VIRGINS at March 01, 2005 11:27 AM (dhRpo)
Posted by: 72VIRGINS at March 01, 2005 11:42 AM (dhRpo)
Posted by: rabidfox at March 01, 2005 06:32 PM (2bH1o)
Posted by: whosear at March 13, 2005 10:27 AM (faR0t)
Posted by: Fecal McStool at July 24, 2007 02:55 PM (MhZlL)
Posted by: Gardner at March 28, 2010 09:13 AM (pIfWM)
Posted by: Indonesia Furniture Handicraft Wholesale Marketplace at August 24, 2010 07:53 PM (zf61z)
Posted by: dddee at December 21, 2010 09:34 AM (zz2nK)
62 queries taking 1.3548 seconds, 275 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.