March 31, 2006
— Ace Cool video, as a parachutist is bulleted into the air by the world's biggest wrist-rocket and then parachutes down.
The only thing that could possibly make this past-time more dangerous, I think, would be to strap an epileptic alligator to your chest while doing it.
I would side with the haspipe carpenters over the creation of machines designed for creative suicide, with the possibility of failure. Who needs kevorkian? we have extreme sports.
Posted by: Wickedpinto at March 31, 2006 11:59 AM (QTv8u)
That being said, I wonder what kind of gees they are pulling on take off? Wouldn't want to grey out when you're supposed to be pulling the cord. Also, I wonder how they make sure the guy's center of gravity is right, so the catapult doesn't spin him like a quarter flipped off your thumb. (Well not that bad, they had the bungee rigged to the hammock such that you couldn't pitch too much, but still.)
Posted by: Larry the Urbanite at March 31, 2006 12:09 PM (Lpswv)
Posted by: PineCurtain at March 31, 2006 12:25 PM (PGt28)
Posted by: Purple Avenger at March 31, 2006 12:56 PM (WjdPM)
Posted by: jmchez (John) at March 31, 2006 01:30 PM (bYBss)
Posted by: Franklinstein at March 31, 2006 03:18 PM (TX1kW)
Posted by: CraigC at March 31, 2006 03:38 PM (la985)
Posted by: Steve O at March 31, 2006 04:58 PM (R0Csm)
I decided not to buy the video of my facial expressions when the ride was over. Still way awesome, though.
Posted by: wiserbud at March 31, 2006 05:43 PM (56ssE)
Posted by: El Capitan at March 31, 2006 06:04 PM (AoObI)
Posted by: George at March 31, 2006 07:02 PM (MjbpF)
Posted by: scott at April 01, 2006 03:49 AM (wZLWV)
Q: What are the last words of a redneck good ol' boy before passing on to the greater reward?
A: Hey, y'all .... watch this!!!!
Posted by: Stuart E. at April 01, 2006 05:52 AM (nCeBA)
You forgot the most important line: "Hold my beer!"
Posted by: Captain Ned at April 01, 2006 06:27 AM (osioG)
Either I forgot that part of it, or it's my southern Episcopalian upbringing. 'Twas raised to imbibe Scotch and move on to fine cigars after swearing off Lucky Strikes. Grabbin' a Blue Ribbon hasn't been in my routine since college days....
Posted by: Stuart E. at April 01, 2006 06:36 AM (nCeBA)
You're An EXTREME Redneck When.....
1. You let your 14-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
2. The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas is in it.
3. You've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.
4. You think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a different night.
5. You wonder how service stations keep their rest-rooms so clean.
6. Someone in your family died right after saying, "Hey, guys, watch this."
7. You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.
8. Your wife's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.
9. Your junior prom offered day care.
10. You think the last words of the "Star-Spangled Banner" are "Gentlemen, start your engines."
11. You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.
12. The Halloween Pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse.
13. You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.
14. One of your kids was born on a pool table.
15. You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.
16. You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a law against it.
17. You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.
Posted by: RLS at April 01, 2006 09:31 AM (Lh7Vt)
Posted by: Whitey at April 01, 2006 07:01 PM (LNkPR)
Posted by: Whitey at April 01, 2006 07:02 PM (LNkPR)
As for "how he stayed lateral" or whatever the term was. It's easier to maintian a particular aspect, when traveling under a single accelerative direction. IE, All strands of the sling were going UP!, a uniform direction, whereas if they had been accelerating at 45 degree's or whatever, then all strands would be straing UPWARD, while simultaneously reacing forward. even a SINGLE strand tends to twist in a non linear path. Fall off of a rock with a support rope, and you will see what I mean. OR, get tugged, using a support line as a "swedish sling"/Harness, and you will realize, that anything that is not a static line, is not static. but going UP! or going DOWN! a measurable, and controled direction, there is a tendency of twisting.
(climbed rocks for about 2 years, not very well, my best was an 11B, but that was a fluke, everyday, I wouldn't tackle more than a 10.3b (I was good at overhang cracks))
Posted by: Wickedpinto at April 01, 2006 08:57 PM (QTv8u)
18. Your front porch collapses and kills more than three dogs.
19. You cut the grass and find that danged '69 Camaro.
20. You carry a mason jar in your truck.
Posted by: CraigC at April 02, 2006 02:14 PM (la985)
Posted by: Mike Superior at April 02, 2006 10:22 PM (K8G/M)
TIFF to PDF Converter
(JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP), Text, RTF, CHM, DjVu and more
PowerPoint to PDF Converter
Text to PDF Converter
The Word to PDF Creator supports Word 2003 (*.doc) and Word
CHM to PDF Converter
Reader. JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP all popular picture formats
Posted by: machen at December 16, 2010 08:19 PM (xa2Hk)
62 queries taking 2.1587 seconds, 258 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.